Sunday, March 2, 2008

Quick and Satisfying for Both

So I've decided to do a few practice rounds with the pictures, before I start posting the pics. I never really took the time to learn about my camera. Anyway, I will still let you all know what we had for dinner tonight!

Tonight, we had for dinner a classic vegetarian meal of ours: Morningstar Farms Buffalo Wings and vegetarian baked beans. These buffalo wings are a treat. They are actually one of the first meat substitute products I gave to the meat-eating fiance and he loves these! These are great for introducing vegetarian foods to non-vegetarians. Beware these are not vegan, containing some milk products. Obviously, they are still a processed food and a little high in sodium, so we don't eat these all the time. Baked beans are another great food that easily satisfies meat-eaters and vegetarians alike. Tonight, we just used a canned version my fiance found. I'm sure you'll be seeing a homemade version this summer, but these sufficed. I love their sweetness. We also had an easy salad with mixed baby greens, a juicy tomato, and a dash of Annie's Woodstock Dressing. Dinner was delicious and it was nice to have something quick after a busy Sunday. The meat-eater loved it even more than me!

I did somewhat watch my portions with dinner tonight, meaning BIG salad, 5 "wings", and moderate amount of baked beans. This meal was incredibly satisfying, though, due to the great flavor.

I'll be making Dreena's Homestyle Chocolate Chip Cookies tonight. I'm not telling my fiance the cookies are vegan until after he eats them all! I'll let you all know what he says.

No comments: